Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Great Sexs ratio debacle

This piece is from my experience on another site.This afternoon I used the browse button and confirmed what I had long suspected.

Under India > Women looking for men > Karnataka , the total number of profiles is 573. Under India > men looking for women > Karnataka , the number is more than 30,000. That’s about as bad as gender ratios can be imbalanced. One woman for every 70 men.

Now what this means is that on an average a woman on the site receives so many messages that she doesn’t know which ones to respond to. The average for a woman in the 40’s seems to be 10 per day. Compare this with 2 that I receive every three months !! Now, is there a way for men to get more responses ? I asked one of my women friends from IFF, how she had selected to reply to me from the million other hopefuls. Her answer: the educational qualification I had used was un-usual. Not too much of an ego-boost for me, that.

Any other mantras for success ? Well, if I knew, would I be writing blogs, or would I be meeting all those interesting “broad minded” profiles!! Needless to say, if there is anyone out there who has developed a “system” and is willing to share, I would be most grateful.

No comments: